POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Genuine Rolodex (72k jpg) : Genuine Rolodex (72k jpg) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Genuine Rolodex (72k jpg)
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 10 Sep 2007 22:40:40
Message: <46e60028@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I don't think this has been done before. I'm not completely happy with
how it turned out.... oh well :/

Everything was modeled and rendered with POV. The watch band is basic
CSG with additive transforms applied to each segment. A good method for
this sort of thing. The side of the "watch" itself was a bit tricky. For
that I had to make my own mesh routine and smooth it over with
subdivision (thanks to Xiaobin Wu & Jianhua Fan for POV-Ray with
subdivision).

Anyway, I hope it brings a smile to your face :)

Questions and comments, welcome as usual!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'rolodex_watch.jpg' (72 KB)